Cookies can improve your Internet experiences by storing settings and information for web sites you visit. However, you may want to block cookies and learn how to disable cookies so that web sites do not place cookies on your computer, Mac or Windows. This short article explains how you can disable (and enable) cookies in various browsers. This is a simply procedure but depends on which web browser you are using. Please note that cookies are allowed by default in most browsers.
Also note that disabling cookies may prevent some web pages from functioning / displaying correctly.
Table of Contents
Please select your browser from the list to get started:
- iOS: Safart Cookie Disabling
- iOS: Chrome Cookie Disabling
- iOS: FireFox Cookie Disabling
- Android: Chrome Cookie Disabling
- Android: FireFox Cookie Disabling
- Desktop (PC, Laptop): Safari Cookie Disabling
- Desktop (PC, Laptop): Chrome Cookie Disabling
- Desktop (PC, Laptop): Firefox Cookie Disabling
- Desktop (PC, Laptop): Internet Explorer Cookie Disabling
- Desktop (PC, Laptop): Microsoft Edge Cookie Disabling
- Disabling all cookies in all devices and enhancing security: VPN software
Should I Disable Cookies at All Times?
Although it is important you would know how to disable your cookies properly and efficiently, you should not be disabling your cookies at all times. The reason is that some vital services like your bank or your credit company cannot operate without having cookies. The right way to do this is to turn them off when you know you aren’t visiting any particularly important website, and turn them on when you need to.
Interested in disabling cookies in additional browsers or devices not listed here?
Please add your feedback on the comment section. Don’t forget to share, like and link to our page. This information is given freely, and we have spent a significant amount of time providing it.