As we continue our search for the list of best VPNs, we came across GoldenFrog GmbH’s VyprVPN. As we are no newcomers to the industry, being involved for online privacy and tool reviews for over a decade, right off the get-go of this VyprVPN review, we have came to realize that this is not your ordinary VPN. Vpn is a low-barrier industry which means there are a ton of smaller providers who provide, give or take, the same service as the company next door. The only thing which differentiates these smaller VPN providers is pricing, and often times they are owned by the same company. With VyprVPN, there is a very serious company behind it with real credentials in the online privacy sector. The offering is immense and diverse.
… Let’s stop this blabber now, and get on with the VyprVPN 2018 review conducted by the staff at RuinMySearchHistory.com. If you don’t know who we are you can have a look at our goal statement or take a look below at the publications which chose to link to this website.
TL;DR – What do we think about VyprVPN
RuinMySearchHistory was featured On:
VyprVPN Review: Basic Data
This part relates to the VyprVPN product, as well as the company behind it – GoldenFrog.
- Founded: 2009
- Country / Offices: Switzerland.
- Employees: ~80
- IP Addresses: More than 200,000 IP addresses
- Servers: 700+ servers
- Server Locations: More than 70 global server locations
- Office Locations: Switzerland.
- CEO: Ron Yokubaitis is the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Golden Frog
- Official website: https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn
- Story: Ron and Carolyn Yokubaitis are serial entrepreneurs who have been active online since the early 1990’s. They used to own Texas.net, one of the first internet service providers in the USA, as well as Giganews, one of the the world’s leading Usenet providers. Giganews started offering VPN services a lot time ago, before it was a popular or highly beneficial tool. The company was allegedly conceived when its co-founders filed papers against the notorious room 641a activity which involved the NSA’s surveillance on AT&T’s network. When the founders came to realize the U.S government is accepting of such activity, they swore to take matters into their own hands and provide a mean of surfing the internet without being watched by the government. This is a truly fantastic story. We took it from their own website. Whether it’s true or not, we don’t know.
- All code is done in-house, which means there is no 3rd party code, making this a safer product than most.
- Complaints: We have scanned every editorial and user-generated review online about VyprVPN. There were hundreds of testimonials by existing and past clients, as well as very thorough analysis of the product by industry experts. We did find some complaints about a variety of topics (mostly technical stuff like slow loading or unable to run the software on a certain machine or mobile device), but the VAST MAJORITY of online reviews of VyprVPN were positive. Even on the Google Play store, which is notorious to have more complaints than positive reviews, it has received a rating of more than 80% with more than 30,000 reviewers.
Technical Specs and Pricing
- Basic Plan: $5 per month, or $3.75 per month if paid for 12 months upfront
- Premium Plan: $6.67 per month, paid per anum
- Money back? No
- Free trial: Yes
- Platform availability: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and VPN for Router
- Locations: 700 (200,000+ IPs)
- Simultaneous connections allowed: Three and five (Standard / Premium, respectively) of simultaneously connected devices
- Connection protocols: PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, IKEv2 (Manual setup and iOS only), OpenVPN, Chameleon
- Additional options (decyphering, virtual router): NAT Firewall provides an extra layer of security for your VyprVPN connection and offers additional protection on your router or mobile device.
- Operating system requirements Windows: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- Operating system requirements (non-Windows): Mac OS X, 10.10 Yosemite OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion
- Speed: We tried 10 different locations and measured the latency. We measured it in real time with 2 devices against popular competitor HideMyAss!, using IPs in the same locales. Our tests have shown VyprVPN is tremendously faster and very little latency was noted.
- Regulatory security: Switzerland is one of the most advanced countries in the world in terms of data protection, and IP addresses as considered personal information by law.
VyprVPN Promotion (Exclusive!)
If you want to try VyprVPN based on our reviews or your own research then have a look at our unique offer. We have partnered up with Vypr VPN after conducting this review and got a partner link with a unique offer of $3.75 per month if you sign up for the whole year (meaning 3 months are free). We think it is a genuinely great offer, and you are better off using this than accessing the site directly where this promo offer doesn’t exist. Please note, you do not require a Vypr VPN promo code to get the discount, just use the link below.