If you are using iOS Safari web browser on your iPad, you can view your Safari browsing history. You can also delete all or some of your history. This article explains how you can view and delete your browsing history on your iPad from Safari. This document also explains how to clear cookies and the web cache.
- If you want to clear your browsing history on your iPhone, you may want to read this article.
- See also: Private browsing
How to view browser history in Safari
- Open Safari
- Tap and hold the back (<) button
- This lets you to view and visit the web sites you have recently visited.
How to view your full browser history
- Launch Safari
- Tap the Bookmark icon
- Then tap Bookmarks
- Select History
- Here, you can see your history.
How to delete your browser history
There are two ways to do this.
- Tap Bookmarks > History
- You can clear all history or some portions of it by selecting “The Last Hour”, “Today”, Today and Yesterday” or “All Time”
- You can also delete a specific web site by swiping left.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Safari
- Tap Clear History and Website Data
- A popup will appear. Confirm your selection.
Note that by clearing your browsing history, cookies, history and all other website data (your cache, temp files etc) will be cleared. If you are using iCloud, history will be cleared from all of your iCloud devices.
If you find yourself doing this process way too often and privacy is a real concern of yours, you might be interested in using a VPN. Check out our collection of VPN reviews.