This article explains how you can view and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer on your Windows PC. Your browsing history (sites you have visited etc) is saved on your computer.
Do you share a computer with someone (roommate?). Are you using a public computer (Internet cafe, school, or library?). If so, you may not want to leave online traces. Erasing records of your browsing activity may help you protect your privacy.
Follow the steps below if you want to learn how to view history on Internet Explorer:
How to view history in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer
- In Internet explorer, click Favorites
- Select History
- You can view your history by Date, Site and Most Visited. You can also search your browsing history to find what you are looking for.
How to delete specific sites
You may want to delete a single website from your history instead of all of it. Here is how:
- In Internet Explorer, click Favorites
- Click History
- If you want to delete an item, right-click and select Delete.
How to delete search history on Internet Explorer
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Click Tools
- Select Internet Options
- Click Delete (under the Browsing History section)
- Choose what you want to delete (passwords, form data, download history, history, cookies and website data, temporary internet files and website files) and select Delete.