Safari for iOS keeps a log of Web pages that you have visited on your iPhone, browsing history. This short article explains how to view and delete your browsing history. It also explains how to clear the web cache and cookies.
- Read this if you want to clear Safari browsing history on your iPad. You can also clear Chrome browsing data on iPhone & iPad.
- See also: Private browsing
- See also: How to block cookies
How to view your recent browsing history
- Launch Safari
- Find the Back and Forward buttons:
- Tap and hold on the back button to view your recent history.
- This only lets you view and visit your history. You cannot delete any web site here. This is useful if you find to a web site you have recently visited.
How to view your full browsing history
- Launch Safari
- Tap Bookmarks
- Now tap Bookmarks then History
- You can now view all of your search browsing history.
How to delete your browsing history
There are two different methods:
- Tap Bookmarks then History
- You can clear your history by tapping Clear
- By clearing your history, cookies and browsing history will be removed from your iPhone. You can also select how much history you want to remove: the last hour, the last day, the last 48 hour,and all.
- If you want to delete just one item, simply swipe left. This will bring up the Delete button. Tap Delete to remove the item, so that you can delete a specific web site.
- Tap Settings
- Tap Safari
- Scroll down and tap Clear History and Website Data
- This will reveal a pop up asking you confirm. If you still want to delete your history tap the red Clear History and Data button. This will delete your cache, cookies, and history.
Please note that your browsing history will be cleared from all of your iCloud devices.