You can easily remove all or some of your browsing history that Chrome saves on your computer as you browse the Internet. You may want to do this, especially if you are using a shared computer.
Here is how:
How to see your full history
Viewing your history helps you find the web pages that you have visited.
- On your Windows computer, open the Chrome app then select More
- Select History > History (or press CTRL – H).
- Now you can see your full history.
- You can also search your history.
How to clear your search history
- Launch Chrome
- Click History (or press CTRL – SHIFT -DELETE)
- Select History
- Select Clear Browsing Data
- A new popup window will appear. You may choose to clear: ‘the past hour’, ‘the past day’, ‘the past week’, ‘the last 4 weeks’ and ‘the beginning of time’. You can also choose what to delete: “Browsing History”, “Download History”, “Cookies” Cached Images and Files”, “Passwords”, “Autofill Form Data”, “Hosted App Data” and “Media Licenses”. After your selections, click Clear Browsing Data to delete.
How to delete a specific site from your history
- Open Chrome
- Select History > History
- To delete specific sites, select a site from the list
- Click Remove Selected Items.