This article explains how to turn Private Browsing, also known as Incognito Mode, on or off in Chrome on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. If you enable Private Mode, Chrome does not save your search history; meaning turning Incognito Mode on disables browsing history and the web cache.
How to enable Incognito Mode (iOS Chrome)
- Launch the Chrome app on your iOS device, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch
- Tap More
- Tap New Incognito Tab
- A new tab will launch saying you have gone Incognito. Notice that your new tab will be gray indicated you are in this mode.
How to close Incognito Mode
- Launch the Chrome app
- Tap the Tabs icon
- Now you will see all open tabs
- Incognito tabs will be dark, close them by tapping X
- Then you can open one of your regular tabs.